Sure, spring has that fresh, ‘everything is new’ scent to it. Summer is wonderfully hot, and full of activity. Even winter, while presenting a few more camping challenges, has so much potential for seasonally-unique outdoor activity (go ahead, try snowshoeing in summer). But everyone agrees, there’s something special about fall camping.
The leaves blanket the floor in beautiful reds and yellows, the mornings and evenings are cool and crisp, and there’s that awesome fall smell to everything! It’s jeans and hoodie weather, it’s the time of year when campfires are an absolute must, it’s the feeling of venturing out on the open road in your RV looking for adventure and the perfect hiking trail!
Everyone has their reasons for loving fall camping. Here are our top ten . . .
1) Hot Coffee/Tea in the Morning - Everyone loves a warm beverage in the morning, but when it’s cold outside, there’s nothing better!
2) Quiet Campgrounds - Not only is the off-season cheaper, it’s also much quieter with many campers heading south, or parking their RVs for the fall and winter months.
3) Wildlife Watching - While many birds head south to warmer climates, larger wildlife like deers and elk head out into the open to search out food and stock up for the winter.
4) The Vibrant Colors - The fall color palette is one of the most beautiful that nature has to offer.
5) Fall Clothing - Put away the short shorts and tank tops, it’s fall weather! The dress code is now comfy hoodies, jeans, and jackets.
6) The Lack of Bugs - Cooler climates mean less insects. While we all dearly love mosquitos, we think it’s nice to live without them for a few seasons.
7) Stress Relief - This is true year round, but it’s worth mentioning because it’s important. Whether you’re tenting it or RVing, camping is proven to reduce stress.
8) Campfire Heaven - Campfires are necessary at this time of year and most seasonal campfires bans are lifted by the fall.
9) Snuggly Nights - Nights are cooler! Time to unpack those sleeping bags and cozy blankets!
10) Makes the Most of Your RV - RV’s a great all year round, but when it comes to Fall, there’s nothing better at the end of the day to have an RV to hop into. Once the fire has burned down and the stars are shining above, you can snuggle up in your RV, turn the heater on, and settle down to watch a movie.